My fiancee and I help tend our local community garden, and we had an abundance of Zucchini.
So naturally I wanted to make Zucchini Bread! I researched a few recipes and customized my own version. It turned out amazing, and best of all it gives me another way to use zucchini!
Note: Makes 2 Loaves of Zucchini Bread
Special Tools or Equipment Needed: 2 8x4 Loaf Pans, Grater, Cheesecloth, Wire Rack
- 1 Pound of Zucchini, about 2 medium Zucchinis
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease loaf pans butter
- Wash and trim the stem and root-end of the zucchini, then grate.
- Put the zucchini in several layers of cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can. (set aside or freeze to use in soups or other meals)
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Cinamon, Nutmeg, and Salt in large bowl. Whisk about 30 seconds to combine.
- Crack Eggs into medium bowl, then add the sugars and cream together. Once creamed, add in the olive oil and vanilla. Whisk to blend.
- Fold Creamed mixture into Flour mixture, and blend without over mixing the flour. After that, fold in the the zucchini and any mix-ins (nuts, raisins, chocolate chips ect...)
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and bake about 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to wire cooling rack.
Post a Comment