This is my own personal recipe for homemade mayonnaise. This will at least act as a starter for those of you who have never made mayonnaise before. Don't be afraid to play around with the recipe and try new things. For starters, try different oils! Customize this recipe to something that fits your taste. After all, as Chef John would say; You're gonna want high praise, for your homemade mayonnaise! Anyway, I have added my recipe below! Enjoy!
Note: Makes about 3 Cups of Mayonnaise
Special Tool or Equipment: Blender or Emulsion / Stick Blender
- 3 Eggs, Large
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tiny Pinch Cayenne (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
Add the Eggs, Dry Mustard, Salt, Black Pepper, Cayenne, and Sugar to the tall container that came with your emulsion/stick blender. (just make sure whatever container you're using can hold at least three cups)
Using the stick blender, blend the Egg mixture until all is incorporated. Add the Vinegar, and blend again.
Slowly drizzle in the Oil while at the same time using the blender to mix and emulsify.
4. As the mayonnaise gets thicker, move the blender in an Up and Down motion to completely incorporate all of the mixture.
5. Do this until all of the oil is gone and before long you'll have your homemade Mayonnaise!
Post a Comment